Member of the Origami Tessellation Group at FlickR have started a Design Challenge. The Theme is Order vs. Chaos and this is my entry. Compared to the other Entries mine is very simple, but till now my skills aren’t good enough for realizing my first idea.
But I’m proud that I finished this design for the Challenge. First time I read about the Competition I thought that I’m not as skilled and creative as needed to participate. But at the end I created a modell. Sometimes all it needs is time ^-^
This Tessellation is for a friend, she wanted me to fold her something red and long ago I wanted to do something octagonal. I combined this and tried to fold a red octagram. But it’s not so easy to do. The first one failed, because it becomes a square. That’s why I used a normal Sheet of Origamipaper to test my idea first. Usually I’m to lazy, that’s why I use the good paper for the first try.
But after some time, I found a way and it’s not too difficult to fold, only the Grid is a little bit strange.
I folded the left Tessellation some days ago, it’s the same as this Tess, but folded from Elephant Hide and not from Glassine. It has a totally different effect.
Right: After some time I recognized some Puff Stars hidden in my Tessellation ^.^
Some days ago I played a little bit with another CP by Lorenzos, Pantagon 2, but I forgot to write it in my blog. Two pentagons nearby look like a little heart, I like this effect ^.^
But I guess, they have to be a little bit closer, because there is to much free space.
At the moment I’m working on a bigger Flower Diamond Tessellation. It’s a 1:128-Grid, but I guess I won’t do it again soon, I spend a lot of time with the precreasing. And now I’ve a lot of space to fill with the Tess… I think finishing this will take a long time ^-^
Now the first part of the Tess is finished, after that it has to be repeated as long as there is space to do so ^-^
In progress ^.^
Some time ago I had the idea to fold a hexagonal Kawasaki Rose. This is the first try. I Think it can easily be done, but at this try I had not enough pleats to close the bottom of the rose.
As I began to write my examination paper i had lots of ideas, which I began to realize, but not finished, this rose is one of them ^.^ But I will finish it soon
Again I played a little bit with Rhombus Twists. I just wanted to try the CP’s von Lorenzo Marchi ^.^
It’s a lot of fun playing with these small parts ^.^
I just uploaded the english version of my blog, but till now I only finished to translate the newest artikels. The rest will be translatet soon ^-^
At the moment I’m playing a little bit with rhombustwists
I just wanted to test Lorenzos CP’s ^-^